Memories of seeing The Beatles at Shea Stadium in 1965
Eric may have forgotten that this was MORE THAN 50 YEARS AGO when he requested this list but I will give it a try
- •In 1965 I was 12 years old and in seventh grade
- •I was incredibly crazy about the Beatles like every other kid in the United StatesMy favorite went back-and-forth among John, Paul, and George but never Ringo
- •My middle school friend Betty asked her father if he would take her and a few friends to Shea stadium if we bought his ticket, and he said yes!
- •She didn't mention that it was for a Beatles concert so he assumed it was for a Mets baseball game
- •At some point he became aware that he was duped but he was a good sport about it and seemed okay about taking us
- •I can't recall clearly but I think we were on the first base line side fairly high upBut I don't think we were in the highest level. I think we were one level down from the top.
- •I remember it was extremely crowded and maybe it was even sold out.It was incredibly loud - that I am certain of
- •I also remember that we did not hear anything except the screaming and cheering
- •The speakers just weren't set up to hear over the noise and all that distance to where our seats were
- •I seem to remember the Beatles began to realize we could not hear them and they just started waving to us not really playing or singing at times
- •The time went by really fast
- •I just remembered that I wore my "John Lennon hat"It looked just like his.
- •This wasn't one of my greatest lists but that's all I can remember about it
- •If I remember new stuff over time I'll go back and add to the list
- •Thanks for the list request Eric! I did my best 😀