MY EUROPE TRAVEL WISH LIST: THE NETHERLANDS
I would love to visit the Netherlands
- •As a child one of my favorite books was Hans Brinker or The Silver SkatesBy Mary Mapes Dodge
- •My maternal Nana was named Daisy OstranderI learned through Ancestry.com her family (also mine of course) emigrated from The Netherlands generations ago in the early 1700s
- •My dad spoke Dutch and German and said they were similar.These early experiences - the book, Nana's ancestors, and my dad's languages - sparked an interest in The Netherlands
- •Of course I want to see Amsterdam, Rotterdam, and The HagueThe museums, the palaces, the art!
- •I would like to see the van Gogh MuseumI only began to appreciate art in mid-life
- •And visit a cannabis coffee shopThis would be just like home because I live in Colorado – the pot capital of the world
- •The tulips and the canalsBecause tulips=Holland
- •And of course VermeerI love his work
- •There is so much to see and do in Europe but I most likely will not see any more of itBecause of the disability and mental illness and stuff
- •But Diplomatic Diva sent a list request and I wanted to reply
- •So it will have to be just The Netherlands
- •Thank you @Diplomatic_divaAnd anyone who reads this!