Sources of Joy
It's the little things that matter
- •Sitting on my couch while my husband sits in his reclinerTwo cats and one dog hang with us wherever we are. I feel good with my little family.
- •Sitting on my back porch in the fresh air and Colorado summer.I love being outside. I don't have to go anywhere to go outside now that we have a back porch and yard. I like to watch my cute little dog rolling around in the grass. The sky in Colorado is usually really beautiful shades of blue. And there's usually a soft breeze.
- •Learning something newI am a lifelong learner and find new knowledge a great joy. I don't focus very well but I still read short articles on line (and lists!) and often learn from those. I like when friends post articles on Facebook that they have read. One friend finds interesting articles about Alaska because her daughter lives up there. Another is well-informed regarding issues in his New York neighborhood.
- •Petting my cats or dogThey are so trusting, loving and loyal. Well maybe sometimes the cats swat or nip at us but the dog loves us always.
- •Hugs from my grandchildrenI could not possibly love them more than I do. I feel so close to them and involved in their lives.
- •Soaking in my therapy tub.It's the only time that I am almost pain-free. I wish I could stay there all day.
- •NatureIt's so great to see birds and animals living in their natural habitat. I always wonder and imagine how it was before the USA taken by force and inhabited by my European ancestors.
- •MusicI know my depression is coming on if I stop singing or stop listening to music.
- •Sadly, I am not singing lately. I'm not going outside. I'm sliding down the black hole.
- •Once your going down its so hard to get out.
- •My meds were doubled so maybe in a few weeks...
- •Dare I post this????