Things I used to cook or bake really well
My husband likes to reminisce about this. None actually have recipes except the sweets.
- •Baked lasagneThe ricotta filling is very important. Also needs homemade sauce and a sausage-ground beef mixture. Always serve with garlic bread and salad.
- •Baked zitiTastes almost as good as lasagne but easier to make.
- •Chicken parmigiana with spaghettiI am not Italian but grew up in a town that was mostly Italian. My neighborhood was closer to 90%.
- •Chicken cordon bleuMom taught me this one. The others I learned from neighborhood friends, their moms, and their grandmas. Serve with green beans, rice, and corn. There must always be at least two vegetables of different colors.
- •PieApple, pumpkin, cherry, coconut creme, chocolate creme, peach
- •CakeCheesecake, chocolate layer, carrot, and pound cake
- •Christmas cookies - I still make theseButter (plain, frosted, sugar, and sprinkle-topped), chocolate-filled thumbprint, tea cake, Santa snacks, Christmas bark, macaroons.
- •Thank you anyone who read my list. ⭐️💛
- •PS - I'm hungry.