Traveling From Colorado to California
With a dog and two cats. My poor husband has to take care of all of us, our supplies, and all the loading and unloading it at each hotel on the way. We should get to our rental house today.
- •We had to rent a U-Haul trailer because just my medical supplies, the three pets in their cages with their food and water supplies for the day, my motorized scooter, and my medical supplies fill the car (SUV).The owner of the house will probably faint when she sees us pull up!
- •Doesn't everyone's hotel room look like this?
- •Drove through Arizona mountains and dodged the heavy snow storm by altering our route to be further south.We just had a dusting on our trip!
- •View from last night's hotel. This is much better than snow!
- •It took 4 days on the road but we finally arrived 4 days ago. I was too wiped out from the trip to post for a few days. Our local friends helped my husband empty the U-Haul and settle us in.
- •We found this park nearby with a paved trail so I can use my scooter to go with my husband and our dog.
- •We have this lovely back yard fully fenced in and a covered patio to hang out on.
- •Found an Italian restaurant nearby with gluten free pizza and pasta.
- •We expect to sightsee a bit while we are out here for two months so I will add to this list when we go see something. Thank you for reading this!
- •Wish I had some nice day trip to write about but my husband has had the flu for six days so far and I have had it for three. We are older people (64 and 72), we both have asthma, and we are both wheezing and coughing. We did get flu vaccine but it is only 48% effective. Yuk! I will be here trying to get well along with my hubby. Wish us luck! 😷🍀
- •Here we are in California in a rental home with a lovely fenced yard about 20 min from the beach, with perfect weather, and my husband and I are still sick with the flu, one of my worst asthma episodes ever, GI issues, fever, and massive body aches for almost two weeks! We barely manage to take care of the pets, never mind ourselves or each other.Every 3 or 4 days one of us thinks we might be on the mend only to crash as the day goes on. I wish I could wave a magic wand and we could all be home and back to baseline. Being sick far away from home is not good. I even miss my doctors. At least they already know all my problems and medications. Away from home I am a "complicated case" and no one wants to really take care of me. I got the message loud and clear- STAY HOME NEXT WINTER! 🤧😷🤢🤒😢
- •I have nothing to say because I haven't left the house except to visit a local walk-in clinic. It seems I now have pneumonia. I have no improvement but at least I have leveled off and stopped getting worse. What a nightmare.😱😢🙏🏼💙
- •I want to end this list because our trip was derailed by me being sick for a month. But in April we have had a little fun. We went to the dog-friendly off-leash beach in Ocean Beach, Balboa Park, and the Midway aircraft carrier.It is accessible so I got to go on the flight deck. My husband was on a carrier in Vietnam and he explained it so well that other tourists were asking him questions about it. Okay now. Ending on a happy note.