FAVE BOOKS TO READ MY TODDLERS RIGHT NOW
In no particular order...
- •Rosie Revere, EngineerBeautiful design. Imaginative story. Aspirational character.
- •Little Blue TruckGreat rhythm. Great message. Kids like to recite the story with me.
- •I Want My Hat BackStunning art. Great comedy.
- •Red Knit Cap GirlBeautiful wood texture aesthetic in every background. Tiny details the kids point out.
- •The Day the Crayons QuitSo clever. Funny. Unexpected.
- •The Chicken ProblemVisually clever. Hilarious, unexpected rhymes. Gorgeous color palette and thoughtful design. Plus, 100 adorable chickens running wild!
- •Every Thing On ItBecause when your kid asks for 17 stories, these short funny-meets-dark poems each qualify as one.
- •The GruffaloClassic. Great way to talk about different animal dwellings. Fun rhyming scheme. Great lesson.
- •Itsy Mitsy Runs AwayLove the stylized, whimsical illustrations. Kids love the playful, repetitive, lyrical writing. Like the dad-daughter relationship featured.
- •Emergency VehiclesLove the detail in this hidden lift-the-flap book.
- •The Story of Fish and SnailPlayful. Imaginative. Deals with stubbornness, which is helpful in our house.
- •The Very Hungry CaterpillarClassic. My son has memorized every word and 'reads' it to me. Beautiful illustration style. 3yo learned the days of the week from Eric Carle.