Already on li.st? Open in app.
- •Note my daughter drew for me in the sand this weekend
- •Cool church in Charleston
- •What my heaven would look like
- •Bravo reality tv
Before you call a REALTOR to see that cute house you found on Zillow, here are three things you should do first.
- 1.Meet with a lender and get preapproved.Finding out how much you want to spend on your home is the first step when planning to buy. This will keep you from falling in love with a house that is above your comfortable price point AND sellers will want to see a preapproval letter submitted with any offer.
- 2.Make sure you have access to enough cash to cover expenses during the buy process.Closings costs can be negotiated into the contract to be covered by the seller. However, there are costs involved in placing a contract on a home. Earnest Money Deposit, Due Diligence fee, inspections, appraisal, etc.
- 3.Drive through neighborhoods that you think you want to live in.Having a good idea of what areas you are interested in will help prevent a lot of wasted days seeing houses in areas you aren't interested in. How far to work or school do you need to be? Will traffic be an issue?