List of Books For The Aspiring WLAN Pro
These are books that I found helpful in my journey to becoming and continuing in being a wireless network engineer. I also have them in the order I think would be most helpful and productive. Notice they're all vendor agnostic.
- •CWNA: Certified Wireless Network Administrator Official Study GuideIf there's only one book on this list you should read its this one. http://www.amazon.com/CWNA-Certified-Wireless-Administrator-Official/dp/1118893700/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1464664658&sr=1-2
- •CWAP Certified Wireless Analysis Professional Official Study GuideAll the CWNP books are worth reading, these two are particular useful, and practical. —- http://www.amazon.com/Certified-Wireless-Analysis-Professional-Official/dp/B01FEKAB5O/ref=sr_1_7?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1464664700&sr=1-7&keywords=cwap
- •802.11 Wireless Networks: The Definitive Guide by Matthew S. GastGoes into the nuts-n-bolts of how WiFi works. —- This goes into to detail on how it all works. Pivotal book. https://www.amazon.com/802-11-Wireless-Networks-Definitive-Guide-ebook/dp/B005WZ0SXW?ie=UTF8&*Version*=1&*entries*=0
- •802.11ac: A Survival Guide by Matthew S. GastAll you need to know about 802.11ac. —- http://www.amazon.com/802-11ac-Survival-Matthew-S-Gast/dp/1449343147
- •Next Generation Wireless LANs, 2nd Edition - Perahia/StaceyThis is one deep book. Not for the faint of heart, but man is it good info. —- https://www.amazon.com/Next-Generation-Wireless-Eldad-Perahia-ebook/dp/B00BM4TGTE?ie=UTF8&pldnSite=1&redirect=true
- •Driven to Distraction (Revised): Recognizing and Coping with Attention Deficit DisorderJust guessing that (like it was for me) this may be helpful to... "SQUIRREL"! 😃 —- https://www.amazon.com/Driven-Distraction-Revised-Recognizing-Attention-ebook/dp/B005GFII62/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1464665034&sr=1-1