A Break From All This Christmas Stuff
After my recent list about holiday despair, and the days following of much cookie baking, plus a plethora of old-timey Christmas movies, it was time to have a change of pace.
- •Enter the lovely Fay Wray.She starred in 1933's King Kong, produced by David O. Selznick. (NOT the 1976 version with Jessica Lange- which is just WRONG!)
- •For a couple of hours, I screamed along with "Ann Darrow" and released all my pent up frustrations.(Never underestimate the power of sound as alternative therapy!....which could be a whole 'nuther list).
- •Fay Wray was told she would have the tallest, darkest leading man in Hollywood.She thought it would be Cary Grant.
- •Of course, most of us know about King Kong climbing the Empire State Building and the sad ending.I must have seen this a thousand times and still get a chill thinking how terrified I would be up on that spire.
- •For a couple of hours I left the holidays behind and remembered the true meaning of life."'Twas Beauty killed the Beast"