Hi! My Name Is (what?)...
Riding out the current and ending up farther down the beach, I am adding my name in the sand.
- •I was named after no one.My parents liked the name is all. There was no famous person of the day that I could point at or refer to for guidance.
- •My parents spelled Terry with a "Y"And thus started the slight rift: The "Y" at the end signifying a "boys" name. Me, being a girl, accepted the challenge for rebellion (setting the stage for future social upheavals)!
- •Not Theresa.How many times was I called upon in school as Theresa? There were many teachers who felt they needed to refer to me by my formal name. Terry was a derivative and ignored (perhaps further setting the stage? Is this some underlying factor for future counseling with a therapist?)!
- •My name made for an interesting nickname.Captain Kangaroo, THE children's tv show at the time, presented an animated series called "Tom Terrific". Created by the "Terrytoons" studio...ok, you get it.
- •When I was a little kid it made me mad to be called this.As I got older not so much.
- •To this day, there are a few near and dear people who call me Terrytoons.Or "Toons".
- •In the end, no therapy needed.