Migration Time At The Knob
We like hiking in mid-September to high places. Why? Prime time for migratory birds!
- •Bake Oven Knob in PA is a wonderful place to view raptors as they drift the thermals and updrafts heading south.
- •Eagles and vultures are in for the long haul.With their broad wings, they can soar along covering up to 300 miles a day!
- •Armed with sturdy boots for rock scrambling and binoculars, it was a perfect day to look for these awesome birds.
- •Oh, and a picnic lunch (plus trash bag to Pack Out)!
- •The list of the day:
- •2 Sharp-shinned hawks
- •1 Broad-winged hawk
- •1 Bald Eagle
- •Have fun bird watching and remember-Pack Out what you take in!