Thoughts On Recent Update 3/2017
Regarding my recent list: When You Change Your Usual Place In Class", this is a continuing reflection on having to change your expectations.
- •Just wondering if this update didn't shake me out of my list stagnancy. Perhaps something good has come out of it.I suddenly was dealing with drafts that were idling in a no-write zone.
- •Some listers complained they had hundreds of draft lists.I only had several. Some were in a weird calendar glitch- seasonal or date-sensitive that I thought oh just wait till they come around then I will post.
- •So I decided to deal with these list orphans.A couple will be abandoned. A couple were posted (it's a miracle!).
- •Meanwhile, lists are being posted by panicking fellow listers fast & furious:How horrible this new update is. How unreasonable. Disrespectful. Uncompromising.
- •Ah well.From the moment I committed myself to the stuff of ONLINE, the more I have changed and adapted.
- •This is where I depart from the pack.I am not abandoning this forum. I just can't waste valuable energy griping about injustices.
- •There are some people here who constantly amaze and delight me with their enviable lists.I can't believe I have stumbled onto this treasure trove of smart, funny and imaginative characters.
- •I can't bear to give this up.Not yet.