Winter Beers For The Holidays
Ok so the Poconos are cloaked in winter finery and my tastes are turning towards a heartier brew. You can keep those IPA's, gimme something I can sink my teeth into! Here's what I have been toasting the holidays with. Cheers!
- •Brooklyn Brewery Black Chocolate StoutThis is the one that started it all for me. Always a good bet with loads of chocolate, first in the nose than on the finish. Used to be my ol' standby.
- •Dominion Brewing from Dover, DE.Baltic Porter Winter Brew. Holy cow! Licorice, toffee and of course the all important Chocolate. Who needs a Godiva Bar? Not me when I poured this!
- •Founders Breakfast StoutDouble Chocolate Coffee Oatmeal. Some of you might remember my "inspiring coffee cup" list? I use this coffee cup to swill my holiday beers. Some might , at a glance, think I am drinking a lot of black coffee lately. Surprise! I'm not....
- •Dogfish Head Brewery Beer For Breakfast Stout.I think they were following Founders lead. The addition of scrapple plus coffee and maple syrup and more coffee added after fermentation? Crazy! I didn't get the scrapple or even a strong nose. Funny but there ya are ....
- •10Barrel Brewing. Pray For SnowFrom Bend, OR- I was there once! Malty, smooth and a little creamy. A solid Winter Warmer full of caramel.
- •Heavy Seas Winter StormImperial ESB. Yikes this is lovely. Also, this company contributes to CleanWater.org. Can't Brew with dirty water, right?
- •Genesee Brew HouseWinter Warmer. Very nice. Genesee? Really? I used to snitch an occasional Cream Ale from my dad's garage beer fridge. Memories!
- •Genesee Brew House. Again. Wow!Pilot batch Salted Caramel Chocolate Porter. All I can say is: Awesomeness in a bottle!!! Please, Santa, bring me a case?
- •Are there any adventurous beer drinkers out there with winter brews to suggest?Feel free to add your favorites!