ME AT HALF MY AGE
Inspired by many, but I really liked @migmags just now...
- •I was 18Which means I'm 36 now yowza
- •You would think hey yeah live it upAs in sex drugs rock n roll and looking real cool and skinny and stuff
- •But no, I was a messMaybe I was skinny, but I was pretty out of touch
- •But of course I thought I wasn't
- •Had no clueNONE, and I still kind of don't, but when I was 18, I was very controlled and scared of life 100% of the time. I'd like to think I've leveraged that to the high 80% at this point...
- •I was dating this Greek guy who my sort-of second best friend said I should so she could date his best friendI remember before the prom we were kissing and I was sitting on his lap and I said 'What's going to happen in 10 years' and he's like 'I dunno I'll probably be married with kids' and I said 'I don't want to get married' (as in I don't believe in it as an institution) and he said 'Well we wouldn't be married anyway because you're not Greek'
- •I was already accepted into Emerson College and I couldn't wait to go, but was also ter-ri-fied
- •Was listening religiously to y100If you're from the Philly area, you luved this and couldn't BELIEVE it went off the air when you came back from college. They played all the white male 90s alt rock your Pearl Jammin', STP-lovin', Cake-eatin' heart could handle.
- •Shopped the Delia's catalogKinda still wished this existed. I still can't find brown pants that aren't khakis and aren't skinny or jeans
- •Was driving the BEST car everIt was a '95 Pontiac Sunbird and it was a 5-speed manual 2-door and my twin sister and I shared it like all our other cars. We got lots of speeding tickets together and can still remember the smell of the hot plastic dash and the grinding gears.