Top 5 Pro Wrestlers
These are the 5 who could always reel me in, either through ring work or mic work. In no particular order:
- 1."Rowdy" Roddy PiperHot Rod was never known much for his wrestling in the ring but he was brilliant with a microphone in his hand. He could make you love him or hate him with a turn of a phrase.
- 2.CM PunkI like to think of Punk as Piper with excellent in-ring skills. CM Punk could work a story without saying a word but when he did have something to say, watch out!
- 3.Michael "P.S." HayesThe original Freebird could stir the pot and create controversy just by strutting around the ring and giving everyone that patented sneer. Terry Gordy was much more gifted in the ring but Hayes was the true leader of the Freebirds.
- 4.Ricky "The Dragon" SteamboatPoetry in motion when he was in the ring. His mic skills never impressed me but my goodness was it fun to watch him wrestle. He made every opponent better. Look at his matches with Ric Flair, Randy Savage, Jake Roberts and so many more.
- 5.Jake "The Snake" Roberts / The UndertakerI just couldn't choose between the two. They remind me so much of each other. Both were soft-spoken but both were masters at head games and they really loved to tap into true fear plus they could both work a ring and tell a story.