Five Job Offers I Would Accept Regardless of Salary
- •GM for the Los Angeles Angels of AnaheimThey just hired Billy Eppler in the offseason, and because of a stubborn owner and strong willed manager, the job seems like a thankless difficult position. However, it's my favorite team, in my hometown, and because I'm a baseball nerd I basically already do all the research and scouting a GM does, only without getting paid for it.
- •Creative Writing workshop instructor at the Esalen Institute in Big Sur, Ca.It's one of my favorite places in the world. (My guru) Ram Dass has lectured there. It's a beautiful resort built into the side of the cliffs overlooking the Pacific Ocean, designed to harness the healing and spiritual properties of the natural hot springs. We go for the 'night bathing' in the clothing optional hot springs but they offer retreats and workshops for anything the creative or spiritual mind may seek; yoga, painting, writing, music, meditation and so on.
- •Arcosanti host/guide - for the 5 week work program.Arcosanti is an experimental town in the desert of Arizona, built to embody Paolo Soleri's concept of arcology - the fusion of architecture and ecology. Since 1970, participants have come to help build Arcosanti by enrolling in workshops. During a standard 5week workshop, they attend lectures about Paolo Soleri and the principles of Arcology design while gaining hands-on learning experience by aiding construction.
- •Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue photographerProbably not a full time position, since they only have one issue a year. I'll probably have to do some freelance photography the rest of the year. But, the perks are amazing! Travel to exotic locations and take pictures of beautiful women wearing next to nothing. 👍🏻
- •Indiana JonesArcheology professor turned worlds greatest adventurer, sign me up!