An end of an era
I'm only posting here because I think this isn't important enough to go on Instagram.
- •Let's do a little rewindingOkay, so last year, I worked my ass off to make the basketball team, and that was the only thing I was doing right. I had no confidence, no friends, and drifted off as far away as I could from a good place. But I was working hard.
- •And: I didn't make it.I didn't even come close. I was the first kid they cut. I was getting absolutely destroyed. And even though I had some playing confidence, it wasn't nearly enough to be considered dominant.
- •It was the worst pain of my lifeI didn't cry, but I was hurt badly. However, I thought at the very least I could get better if I played in the town league.
- •Long story short: It was the worst decision I ever made.It wasn't until Recently that I've started to bounce back a bit. I don't know where this is going, but I know it's happening. And today is my last game in the town league.
- •I have never been so happy.We lost every game in the regular season, and only lost one game by less than ten. And it's the playoffs. what happened in game one?
- •No plot twist: we got fucking crushed.We lost by 23, and now we are one game away for being eliminated once and for all. Finally!
- •Goodbye, 2016, and hello 2017.The last shitty decision I made last year is over.We'll lose by forty, and I'll be the happiest man alive. Actually I'll probably be pissed, but IDC. I'll update this after the game at 5.
- •It's overThis was the closest game we ever had, although 42-46 is still a loss. I can finally focus on getting better, with things like running, jumping, shooting jumpers, boxing out, dribbling, and a tad bit on rebounding. Yeah If I want to make JV next year I need a to put in a lot more work, but I've made progress. CYBL made me feel like I didn't improve at all. I'm so glad it's over.