BABY NAMES MY WIFE HAS VETOED
My wife @aminam and I have a baby boy on the way to be born sometime around Halloween. We are coming up with lists of names to compare, and to hopefully find one mutually acceptable. Otherwise, our kid will be a weirdo with two first names...her reasons thus far are ridiculous:
- •KoaThis Hawaiian name means "fighter," but she said no because A) that's our yoga instructor's name and B) it's cultural appropriation (but I love the name)!
- •ElijahThis name means "the lord is God," but it reminds her too much of Frodo from the Hobbit...and he was "a weenie."
- •HaroldToo 1950ish sounding
- •GrootOk so you made it this far, so did she. Now that I have your attention, here is a hypothetical: wouldn't a baby Groot be so cute to have?
- •GrahamCrackers? Who knew I could incorporate a cat gif into a list about baby names!
- •FrederickToo Prussian, and also because she already told me "no Halloween names." See: I'M NOT GOING TO WAR
- •JamalToo ethnically Egyptian sounding. BTW how did the Pyramids get built, Minions?
- •KamalToo ethnically Turkish sounding. No offense meant, we love your coffee.
- •KarlMarx?, no, because....'Merica!