Get the Facts on HB2
HB2 is an outrageous and unprecedented anti-LGBTQ bill signed into law by North Carolina Governor Pat McCrory.
- •FACT:HB2 has repealed local protections for LGBTQ people and banned cities from passing future protections.
- •FACT:HB2 has barred transgender people from some public restrooms and other facilities matching their gender identity.
- •FACT:HB2 has stopped cities from setting minimum wage increases.
- •FACT:More than 200 major CEOs and business leaders signed a letter calling for the full repeal of HB2, including many of North Carolina's largest employers.
- •FACT:Because of HB2, five states and many cities now prohibit public employees from traveling to North Carolina.
- •FACT:Because of HB2, artists and performers have cancelled concerts and spoken out. Major film studios and companies have stopped investments in North Carolina.
- •FACT:HB2 is dangerous, puts LGBTQ people in harm’s way and must be repealed.