Top LGBTQ Headlines You May Have Missed This Week: July 11-15
For full stories, visit www.hrc.org/blog.
- •The Fight Against North Carolina's Discriminatory HB2 Continues#BenchHB2: As NBA nears decision on All-Star Game, leaders urge them to stand strong… Albany dumps Duke over HB2.
- •Across the U.S.Mississippi AG refuses to defend HB1523… Kentucky rolls out new marriage licenses… LGBTQ history coming to California classrooms… Bipartisan LGBTQ hate crimes bill introduced in Michigan Senate.
- •Transgender EqualityTransgender teen Gavin Grimm’s case heads to SCOTUS… Advocates mourn Deeniquia Dodds… HRC blasts Nebraska AG for discriminatory attack on trans students… Massachusetts Gov. signs bipartisan bill extending new protections to trans community.
- •2016 Presidential ElectionDems update 2016 platform to include international LGBTQ rights...New ad highlighting transgender discrimination to air during RNC… Trump chooses notoriously anti-LGBTQ Mike Pence as VP… Cleveland expands protections for trans community days before the RNC arrives… Trump endorses appalling anti-LGBTQ platform.
- •On Capitol HillSHAME: On anniversary of Orlando tragedy, House GOP held hearing on anti-LGBTQ bill...#StopTheHate: Members of Congress honor victims of Orlando one month after attack.