Top LGBTQ Headlines You Might Have Missed This Week: August 8-12
For full stories, head to www.hrc.org/blog
- •The Fight Against HB2 ContinuesNew North Carolina poll finds 58 percent of voters say HB2 hurting their state, discriminatory bill spelling trouble for Gov. Pat McCrory…NCAA coaches say tournaments should be banned in North Carolina because of HB2…North Carolina State Rep. Chris Sgro says HB2 “is not who we are.”
- •Across the U.S.Ninth Circuit dismisses challenge to Hawaii’s marriage equality law…Arab LGBTQ activists meet in Delaware…Anti-LGBTQ Justice Roy Moore faces grilling by Ala. judicial prosecutors today…Texas lawmakers plot discriminatory anti-trans measures.
- •OrlandoTrump and Rubio rendezvous with anti-LGBTQ activists in Orlando on two-month anniversary of Pulse nightclub tragedy…Ellen Page’s “Gaycation” presents Orlando.
- •LGBTQ HealthJournal article guides pharmacists caring for transgender patients…New CDC data reveals LGB teens face startling rates of violence.
- •Around the GlobeBelize decriminalizes same-sex activity…Egypt targets LGBTQ community with arrests…Uganda Pride Parade cancelled after threats, police raid…Tasmania to debate marriage equality.