Top LGBTQ Headlines You Might Have Missed This Week: Feb. 6-10, 2017
For full stories, head to www.hrc.org/blog.
- •Equality from State to StateNC to lose 133 NCAA championship events and $250M if HB2 is not repealed...OH city council president posts transphobic sign...Openly gay man becomes first elected in SC...TN Senate advances anti-LGBTQ proposal...VA governor vows to veto anti-LGBTQ legislation...AL House advances troubling child welfare bill...Trans care clinic opens at Univ of Nebraska...NC legislators intro bill to repeal & replace HB2...VA Senate passes discriminatory SB1324...Toledo City Council bans “conversion therapy."
- •The New AdministrationGorsuch, bad for LGBTQ community, bad for SCOTUS...Pence doesn’t rule out possible anti-LGBTQ EO...DeVos is confirmed...HRC slams Senate confirmation of Sessions...AP looks at Trump’s debt to religious conservatives -- as LGBTQ community braces for attacks...9th Circuit maintains freeze on refugee ban...Price jeopardizes health and well-being of LGBTQ people...In Trump’s America, anti-LGBTQ extremists more emboldened to export hate...Corporate giants take actions against Trumps’ immigration ban.
- •Equality by the NumbersReal data on trans people a powerful tool in Texas legislative battles...Research shows young people struggle for access to HIV testing…#GrabYourWallet -- HRC releases buying guide for equality-minded consumer...Thousands gather at Stonewall for LGBTQ solidarity rally against Trump...LGBT equality caucus doubles membership.
- •Gender RevolutionVideo features transgender teen preparing for appearance before SCOTUS…HONY talks to Argentinean trans woman...Documentary on gender premieres on NatGeo...Ruby Rose on coming out, bullying.
- •HRC in the NewsHRC’s Sarah McBride joins Washington Post for online discussion on the state of LGBTQ equality...HRC’s Noel Gordon speaks to A&U Magazine about HIV prevention...Must watch -- “Your voice matters”...Evan Rachel Wood’s powerful words at HRC event...Grouplove joins HRC’s Equality Rocks campaign...Steven Romeo, an HRC HIV 360° fellow, continues to inspire...HRC joins coalition endorsing insurance program for paid family and medical leave.