Top LGBTQ Headlines You Might Have Missed This Week: July 5-7, 2017
For full stories, head to www.hrc.org/blog.
- •The Trump Administration 🏛️Pentagon harms military readiness by delaying new transgender-inclusive recruitment policy...Did Trump ever declare June LGBTQ Pride Month?...Trevor Project highlights harmful effect Trump has had on LGBTQ youth...Trump appoints yet another anti-LGBTQ extremist...Senators introduce bipartisan resolution condemning anti-LGBTQ atrocities in Chechnya.
- •Global Equality 🌎World Congress of Families spreads hate in Caribbean...Malta’s parliament approves 2nd reading of marriage equality bill...Canadian baby may be 1st with genderless ID card...LGBTQ asylum applicants to Belgium tripled since 2009...Iraqi actor murdered on suspicion of being LGBTQ...Armenia recognizes same-sex marriages performed abroad...East Timor holds 1st pride parade...Nordic Ambs discuss LGBTQ equality...New Zealand parliament to apologize to men convicted of same-sex sexual activity.
- •Transgender Rights 💗💙4th Circuit sets oral argument in Grimm case for Sept. 12...HRC mourns the loss of Ebony Morgan, transgender woman murdered in Lynchburg, VA...LCD Soundsystem’s Gavin Russom comes out as transgender.
- •Equality from State to State 🇺🇸Forty-three percent of homeless youth in Washington, D.C., are LGBTQ...”I don’t want a suicide on my hands” -- Texas House Speaker on anti-trans state legislation...Hate crimes in California increased by 11 percent last year...Paging Governor Abbott -- most Texans oppose anti-transgender bathroom bill.
- •Health Care & the LGBTQ Community🏥🌡Unique challenges faced by older LGBTQ people of color...HIV prevention progress in Europe.