Top LGBTQ Headlines You Might’ve Missed This Week: May 16-20, 2016
- •The Fight Against HB2 ContinuesSir Elton John blasts Governor McCrory’s “ignorance of trans identity”...HRC retains Ted Olson to author amicus brief in the federal case against HB2...EU says HB2 violates international civil rights agreement.
- •Around the GlobeFederal transgender protections coming to Canada...President Obama, HRC and advocates mark International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia and Biphobia (IDAHOT)...Mexico moves to make marriage equality the law of the land.
- •2016 Presidential ElectionTrump fail: says he won’t support Fed’s groundbreaking directive protecting transgender students...Trump releases list of potential SCOTUS nominees.
- •Across the U.S.New Hampshire poised to ban dangerous “conversion therapy”...Oklahoma lawmakers introduce measures attacking trans youth...President Obama gives passionate argument for protecting transgender students...Mississippi lawmakers ramp up anti-LGBT discrimination.
- •On Capitol HillEric Fanning makes history as first openly gay Secretary of the U.S. Army…GOP House Leadership uses shameful tactics to torpedo LGBT non-discrimination amendment…Senate Democrats hold a mock hearing for Supreme Court nominee Merrick Garland.