We Are With You: Resources for the LGBTQ Community in a Time of Need
There is no doubt that the results of the election have shaken millions of Americans, especially LGBTQ Americans. To every LGBTQ person across this nation feeling stunned, and questioning if they have a place in our country , we say this: You do. Don’t ever let anybody tell you otherwise. Here are several LGBTQ-friendly resources:
- •The Trevor ProjectThe nation’s only 24/7 crisis intervention and suicide prevention lifeline for LGBTQ people ages 13 to 24. Call 866-4-U-TREVOR (866-488-7386) or use Trevor Chat, the Trevor Project's online messaging service.
- •Youth TalklineYouth Talkline at 1-800-246-PRIDE (800-246-7743)
- •Trans LifelineTrans Lifeline at 877-565-8860
- •The GLBT National Help CenterThe GLBT National Help Center at 1-888-THE-GLNH (888-843-4564)
- •The National Suicide Prevention LifelineThe National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 800-273-TALK (8255)
- •It Gets Better