BEST PARTS OF ANY ANTIQUES ROADSHOW EPISODE 📺
I love finding out how much stuff is worth that other people own.
- •Mark WahlbergThe American version's host is named Mark Wahlberg. Just like the other guy with that name!
- •Guessing the value correctlyI KNEW that oil painting of a Vermont landscape was $1,200. I think I might become an expert art appraiser!
- •Pretending to care about the history"I'm going to nod and say things like 'oh wow' but I just want to know what it's worth!"
- •When it turns out to be fakeIf this were an original it would be worth $50,000...but this one is $12.
- •When someone's grandma turns out to be a liar.The person tells this long story about how their grandma got a beautiful rocking chair from her trip to 18th century Europe. Only that chair is from the late 1979s. GRANDMA!
- •When they say "I had no idea!"But like, they brought it to Antiques Roadshow, so...you had an idea.
- •Hearing my dad complain during vintage toy appraisals, "You know, I had one of those when I was a kid but your grandmother gave it away!"Suggested by @amycoady