HUMOR WRITERS I LOVE WHO SHOULD INSPIRE ME TO WRITE BUT WHOSE TALENT JUST MAKE ME FEEL LESS THAN
I can make myself laugh. But these are the experts.
- •Steve MartinBasically too talented. Pure Drivel is 💯
- •Jack HandeyKnown for Deep Thoughts, but What I'd Say to The Martians rocks my bookshelf the hardest.
- •Honestly haven't read enough of his written work, but And Now a Word from the Booth jumped out at me in Judd Apatow's collection I Found This Funny.
- •Demetri MartinThis is a Book is perfect since this is a list.
- •Michael ShowalterMr Funny Pants is a killer collection of meta book-writing essays and nonstop bits.
- •DC PiersonHis novel, The Boy Who Couldn't Sleep And Never Had To, is so wonderful that I'm including it on this list of mostly short-form comedy essays (He does that really well too).