IMO: THE 11 FUNNIEST ESSAYS I'VE WRITTEN LATELY-ISH
I occasionally write things in an attempt to be funny, and even more occasionally it works out. These are the times I think it worked out.
- 11.The Critics Clubhttps://www.iamchristodd.com/humor/the-film-critics-club I imagine a future where technology is so advanced, that movies edit themselves to adjust for an individual's tastes.
- 10.The First Time We Met: A Love Storyhttps://www.iamchristodd.com/humor/love-story The kind of weird love note that was on my mind when I moved to Minnesota from DC.
- 9.A Quick Thought On Legacieshttps://www.iamchristodd.com/humor/legacies Sometimes it's easier to be funnier in a small package. This is a very silly example of that.
- 8.Two Of Every Animalhttps://www.iamchristodd.com/humor/noahs-ark I think it's hard for Christians to be funny. Whether it be subject matter or just the audience's perception once they find out. This was my attempt at making something biblical funny. God forgive me.
- 7.An Open Letter to my DirecTV Remote's Low Battery Notice on Our One-Year Anniversaryhttps://www.iamchristodd.com/humor/directv-remote My favorite part of this essay is that it ranks well on Google so tons of people looking for real troubleshooting advice find my stupid blog.
- 6.Going To The Store Hungry: A Cautionary Talehttps://www.iamchristodd.com/humor/grocery-store-when-hungry This is, I assume a very relatable story. You go to the grocery store hungry and you end up buying a ton of food. 🍕🌭🍟
- 5.How To Write The Perfect Academic Essayhttps://www.iamchristodd.com/humor/how-to-write-perfect-academic-essay I would guess something similar has been done before, but I feel like I execute some solid jokes in this. Plus there's a list in it!
- 4.A Millenial Waldenhttps://www.iamchristodd.com/humor/thoreau-millenial-walden This is part of my "I'm a literary person" humor phase.
- 3.The Intellectuaryhttps://www.iamchristodd.com/humor/intellectuary I sometimes want to feel smarter than I am. This is about that.
- 2.Obama to Israel: "If you don't stop hitting Palestine, I'm going to turn this car around"https://www.iamchristodd.com/humor/obama-israel I used to write Onion-like articles for a small website. This is a pretty good example of those.
- 1.Contemporary Drivelhttps://www.iamchristodd.com/humor/steve-martin-drivel This is probably cheating because Steve Martin did all of the heavy lifting in "Pure Drivel." But if you've read that (which you should) I think this is a pretty funny tribute.