THE SEVEN MOVIES THAT WERE PART OF MY "CATCHING UP ON WHAT I HAVEN'T SEEN YET" WEEKEND, RANKED
My fiancé went out of town and to cope with the sadness of missing her I binged on Redbox movies that she didn't want to see with me.
- •The Man From U.N.C.L.EIt was a fun time at the movies. Snarky and action packed. + Hugh Grant
- •Sleeping with Other PeopleJason Sudekis and Allison Brie were good. Jason Mantzoukas and Andrea Save were great. All around funny film with feels. Apatowian without the length issues.
- •Ex MachinaSuper intriguing. I didn't accurately remember what this film was about so it was a little less action filled than I thought it would be...but was enjoying it the whole time.
- •Mad Max: Fury RoadIt's good but it's not as good as everyone had told me it is. Probably suffers from inflated expectations and the fact that I don't like watching people with dry lips for hours.
- •The End of TourVery enjoyable film that doesn't really go anywhere. You're in it for the writing and performances which were solid.
- •TrainwreckAlso suffered from inflated expectations. I love Hader in everything. The celebrity cameos/featured roles didn't do anything for me.
- •FuryIt was a great movie to watch at 11:30 at the tail end of a movie marathon. I enjoyed it for America and for our troops. (Though they didn't make our troops particularly likable)
- •BONUS: SicarioSaw it two weekends ago and really liked it. Emily Blount is probably my favorite actress.
- •Bonus: American UltraAlso from two weekends ago. Very fun stoner Jason Bourne movie. Some parts were a little cliche (Topher Grace was a very cliche, but good, overly ambitious CIA agent). Fun. Unique.