Animals I Can't Look at or Think About While Eating
I have some sensory issues which are amplified when I am eating. I have been known to throw away half-eaten meals because of it. It's a textural issue, which is one of many reasons I am now a vegetarian, but removing meat from my meals hasn't eliminated my issues with the following:
- •SpidersThey give me the creepy-crawlies
- •SnakesToo slithery
- •LizardsMy dog catches them, forcing me to dispose of the dismembered bodies. Also, there was a front page newspaper story about a woman who found 1/2 a lizard in her salad at Appleby's. The story included a picture of said lizard. I couldn't eat salad for 6 months. I still haven't stepped foot in an Appleby's.
- •AlligatorsI can't believe people actually eat these-look at them, they're disgusting! I mean, who looks at an alligator and thinks " Oh that looks tender and juicy!"
- •TurtlesI had a blackened chicken salad at a restaurant at a turtle farm in The Cayman Islands. Couldn't eat the chicken because I had convinced myself it was turtle. They actually had turtle on the menu, with a description that said "tastes like chicken".
- •Octopus and SquidJust ick.