5 Rules for Corporate Drinking Culture
Corporate culture is a drinking culture. Boozy business lunches and dinners abound. Not to mention the "networking" cocktail parties and receptions. When and how much to drink seems to be some unspoken code that corporate types just know. This article excerpt puts some of those rules in writing.
- •Rule #1 Follow your host. If the person who invited you orders a drink, it is safe to have one yourself.
- •Rule #2 Don't order liquor at lunch if you have to go back to work. A single glass of wine with lunch is advisable if you drink at lunch at all.
- •Rule #3 If you are an interview candidate, intern, or summer associate, the conservative approach is to not order alcohol during lunch at all, even wine.
- •Rule #4 Despite abstaining during lunch, evening drinks are not only acceptable but encouraged.
- •Rule #5 If you simply do not drink or do not want to drink, it is fine to decline, but do so without a criticism of drinking itself or the offerings available.
- •To see the more: http://incorporatingu.blogspot.com/2016/07/corporate-drinking-politics-5-unspoken.html