LINES FROM POEMS ABOUT MY EX
Because how else to process a break up? I have more than this but can't find them at the moment.
- •August: how can 22 be so sad?
- •The same patterns on your back, I couldn't understand in your head.
- •And I should've known better than to think I wouldn't drown.
- •Water washes away but salt burns.
- •But the pendant lays unused, unworn. The clasp is broken.
- •Your eyes, like Medusa's, turn everything to stone.
- •It will disappear
- •Like Juliet with the dagger or Desdemona's love for Othello
- •And I have to wonder where I fit in in your universe