SEVERAL SONGS MOST PEOPLE MISINTERPRET
Songs people take on face value of their lyrics while ignoring the ironic message.
- •Born In The U.S.A. by Bruce SpringsteenHow people misinterpret it: 'Murica! What it's really about: an angry veteran calling out his own country for shunning him.
- •All She Wants To Do Is Dance by Don HenleyHow people misinterpret it: a party girl blissfully just wants to dance. What it's really about: America ignores all the small wars it supports in the world and just wants to party without a care.
- •The Way by FastballHow people misinterpret it: the future is a utopia. What it's really about: your spiritually bankrupt parents are selfishly leaving you shit.
- •Every Breath You Take by The PoliceHow people misinterpret it: it's a love song. What it's really about: a stalker-ish breakup.
- •Lust For Life by Iggy PopHow people misinterpret it: Live life to the fullest! What it's really about: an addict's dalliances with a transvestite stripper/dealer.
- •One by U2How people misinterpret it: beautiful love song. What it's really about: soured love gone abusive.