Ten Ways to Take Advantage of This Weekend's Unseasonably Warm Temperatures
The forecast in Madison for Saturday, February 27 is around 55 degrees, and Sunday's not looking too shabby either. Here are some ideas for getting outside and enjoying yourself.
- •Volunteer to help remove invasive species from the Sugar River Wetlands State Natural Area.
- •Volunteer to help with prairie restoration at UW Arboretum.
- •Miss drinking beer outside on patios? Get your fill at Capital Brewery's Bockfest. Beer, live music, fish fry and more beer.
- •Candlelight Hike and Bonfire at Yellowstone Lake State Park in Blanchardville. Pro tip: these events are popular and space is limited, so arrive early!
- •UW Arboretum nature walk.
- •UW Lakeshore Nature Preserve walk.
- •Go to the park. Madison and Dane County have many to choose from.
- •Walk around the neighborhood. Your neighbors might even be outside too!
- •Go to Henry Vilas Zoo. It's open year-round!
- •Create-your-own crawl around the Capitol Square on Saturday morning. Stop by the Dane County Farmers' Market (held at the Madison Senior Center), the Overture Center for Kids in the Rotunda and/or DreamBank for arts & crafts.
- •BONUS IDEA: Stay inside in your pjs and watch Netflix. In a few months, this'll be an everyday thing anyway.