THINGS THE BEARS NEED TO FIX
So thrilled over getting my first list request! Thanks @johnnywebber!!!! This was actually hard, bc I think I'm just so grateful to see improvements from last year. But here's what I got. 🐻⬇️
- •Red Zone OffenseWith 5 trips into the red zone in the first 3 quarters of their game last Sunday, they only scored 1 TD. Pretty unacceptable, and if those which ended in field goals were TDs instead, the game wouldn't have been close.
- •Lack of skilled players in a 3-4 defenseThis has been a problem since the start of the year. Switching to the 3-4 meant we had to convert players to fit the scheme, and we were already lacking skilled defensive players in general. This will either be fixed by time (as these guys grow to better understand and work 3-4) or by bringing in some veterans in free agency to lead the way.
- •Overall lack of defenseDespite any sort of rankings anywhere, we just have nowhere near the defensive power necessary to succeed. Especially the secondary, which is especially vital in a league that is dominated by a pass game.
- •Plague of InjuriesThis isn't something they can actively fix, but it's definitely something that is hurting us on both sides of the ball.
- •JaySince the start of last year, he's thrown 1.15 INTs/game. When we brought in Trestman, Jay had everything he wanted. His coach, talented WRs in Marshall and Jeffery, a talented TE in Bennett. He couldn't get the job done. While he is improving in my eyes, he isn't close enough for me to back him just yet...