Already on li.st? Open in app.
This is my dog, Gilmore. He is a Shih Tzu - Poodle mix...otherwise known as a 12 lb. ball of fluffy cuteness. He has many names in our household:
- •Happy GilmoreHis namesake - not after the "Girls"
- •Pup pupMy daughter calls him this
- •Jake from State FarmMy daughter also calls him this. She is 9. She is a hot mess.
- •Carrie MathisonA bit emotional, unapologetic, can be a bad-ass, into her work, has a few close friends, unstable without her meds
- •Beverly GoldbergI AM the Smother! (My three kids will back me up on this!) - a bit dramatic, will go to the ends of the earth for my kids, loves to cook
- •Josh LymanLoud, a bit arrogant, gets the job done, fueled on large amounts of caffeine, always looks slightly disheveled, smack-talks, knows my shit
kind of random...explains a bit about me.
- 1.This is meI'm a professor at a small, Midwest, liberal arts college. The "assistant professor-odd" pic says it all
- 2.This is GeorgeHe's my middle child. This was at my sister's wedding. Pimpin' ain't easy.
- 3.This is CallieShe's my youngest. She was maybe 3 years old here (she's 9 now). One of my favorites because it explains why we call her "Sister Soul" or the "Hot Mess"
College professor with 3 kids and no plans
- •Brought 13 year old to annual physical, only to find he is officially taller than me
- •Walked the dog
- •Did laundryIt's the never-ending pile
I'm a professor at a small, Midwest, liberal arts college. The comic material is endless
- •"Professor-you are the bomb.com"Thanks...just don't say this on a plane
- •"I feel like we are the wonder twins! Shape of...a frustrated professor. Form of...a holistic advisor 👊🏼"My PM to a colleague regarding a problem student
- •"if only we could be an eagle with a bucket of water. instead, we have to carry around the dead weight of a slacker"His response to me
Because what will fuck your kids up more than ranking them amongst themselves? Throwing their friends into the mix
- •#1 - SamHe's my first born, and he is usually an easy kid, but he's 14, so he can be an asshole sometimes. The coveted number one spot changes frequently.
- •#2 - AdrianSam's friend. Love this kid! He calls me Mama J. I have to wonder though if he's too good to be true.
- •#3 - JackSam's friend, also known as "4th child" because he's always around. Good kid, but always so loud in the car.
Because going from being a chemist to a business professor wasn't enough of a change
- •The person who discovers the dead body on Law & Order: SVUI would like a really cheeky quip too, in homage to Lennie Briscoe.
- •The dead body at the beginning of a Law & Order :SVU episodeLike a hooker or a runner in Central Park
- •A children's book authorTitle - "Sister Soul", my daughter's nickname. She would make a hilarious protagonist.
Because sometimes their given names just aren't enough
- •Sister SoulFor my daughter, Caroline (or Callie as we usually call her). Her brothers used to sing Lady Marmalade to her when she was a baby (yeah, they were 4 and 6) and would sing "hey, sister soul, sister soul"
- •Geo Rocks the Free WorldFor George (my middle child), because Geo doesn't just rock, he rocks the free world!
- •LL Cool SchmoolFor my oldest, Sam. Schmool is short for his Hebrew name, and he's always had mad skillz, yo...especially for a white Jewish kid from Iowa.
For those rare moments when I get time to myself...
- •Law & Order: SVU marathons
- •Dairy Queen for lunch