5 Fun Offbeat Things to Do in PA
Just a few things to wet your palette. It definitely is a great state with lots to offer.
- 1.Mutter Museum in PhillyA museum of oddities. Feels like home every time I go.
- 2.Hiking to one of the many waterfallsThe picture is a map of a tour of all of the good ones
- 3.Centralia, PaA coal vein has been burning here since 1962. The town is essentially a ghost-town now. I have always loved the ideas of ghost-towns. Their sadness is compelling, oddly.
- 4.Eastern State PenitentiaryThe world's first penitentiary drove people insane. It's a must-see if you are near Philly. Plus, they have lots of events including an insanely scary haunted house at Halloween and Game of Thrones events too.
- 5.GoggleworksIn Reading, PA, a center for the arts is located and thrives. Artists have their studios there and you can meet with them if they are in. There are also a variety of programs and workshops. Definitely worth it. You could check out the Pagoda and the Reading Museum afterwards!
- 6.There are so many other amazing things to do. My favorite list is here: www.atlasobscura.com/things-to-do/pennsylvania