My Food Bucket List
What's it say about me that I have a food bucket list? Aye aye aye, anyway these are the experiences food related that I'd love to have before I'm all "peace out" and stuff.
- •French Laundry- Yountville, CAThomas Keller has a 3 Michelin star restaurant near Napa , CA that is world renowned. I'd love to check out all of his restaurants for that matter but French Laundry has been on the radar since I can remember.
- •Kikunoi- KyotoI saw television a show that featured this place once and it spoke to me. It spoke of timeless elegance and a commitment to a very specific attention to detail.
- •Sukiyabashi Jiro- TokyoThere are few food experiences that I genuinely could see making me cry in a really contented, emotionally satisfied way. This is one of them. I can't think of another place more stead fast, more bent on consistency than what I've heard of this place.
- •Croissants and wine in ParisI don't have a specific place in mind, nor do I have a specific cafe. This just seems magical.
- •Swan Oyster Depot- San FranciscoI can officially check this place off my list. I've been there, and every minute of the wait in line and every penny I spent was well worth it. This place does fish, and other seafood and they do it well. No a lot of frills, just really good ingredients prepared in the most simple ways. I'll be back.
- •New York City hot dog cartAlso can check this off my bucket list. I can tell you the idea of it surpassed the actual experience. NYC is a magical place, and maybe there was a time a hotdog cart added to the magic but for me those days are gone. Pizza, that's where the NYC magic is for me.
- •Slice of NYC pizza pie.I can scratch this one off the list too. I had the privilege of dining at Lombardis in Manhattan and the magic was all up in that biz.