PREDICTIONS FOR "TRUE DETECTIVE," SEASON 2
- •Rachel McAdams eats an entire steak—swallowing the bone, too—and then looks up at a collection of assembled gray, balding police officers. She grunts, "What?"
- •Taylor Kitsch chews on a toothpick, looking out over a dark river. After a good four minutes of silent staring, he runs his hand through his hair and then spits the toothpick into the water.
- •Colin Farrell breaks an empty beer bottle on the back of a motorcycle, and then pushes the motorcycle over. A homeless man shouts from across the parking lot: "There's nowhere to go." Cut to a close-up of Colin, almost crying, whispering back, "I know."
- •Rachel McAdams to Colin Farrell, as they ride in a police car together: "Where are we heading?" Colin (looks out window, then back at her): "You're not asking the right question, sweetheart."
- •Vince Vaughn picks up a disembodied, bloody head in a dimly-lit basement. "This isn't what I was hoping to see here!" he bellows at an assortment of indistinct men.
- •Taylor Kitsch sees Rachel McAdams leaning on a telephone pole outside the police station. "Hey," he mutters. "We're working together on a case," she says, "We're not friends." She spits in the dust, and then looks up at him, scowling: "After this is over, we are dead to each other."
- •Colin Farrell takes like 16 different colored pills over a bathroom sink and then slumps over. His 9-year-old daughter emerges. "Daddy, can we go to the park?" He sighs. "Not right now," he says. A brunette wife character emerges: "Babe, what is going on?" He closes the door on her.
- •Vince Vaughn sits in a deli eating a giant pastrami sandwich. He addresses no one in particular: "Men, there are 3 things to know about this world: no one can be trusted, no one can be saved, & there are an infinitesimal number of outcomes for every decision you make & every single one of them leads you back to the very point at which you started"