THINGS I LEARNED SPENDING 24 HOURS ON SOULSWIPE
Insight gained from "black tinder".
- •There are a depressingly high number of "stereotypically ghetto" names.Not limited to: Dayze, Tristina, Shariah, and Bossybee (photo attached).
- •That my non-black girlfriend would not only be supportive of me making an account, but suggested I try it.Purely for educational purposes.
- •The user interface is nearly identical to Tinder, but the functionality is extremely limited.It's hard to jump from your matches back to the swiping screen. There are a few things that are very counterintuitive.
- •There are an astounding amount of men listed even when having my settings set as a male looking for females.
- •A lot of different types of people identify as "black".
- •The white women found on the app had very similar characteristics.A large percentage had bleach blonde hair done in up in short, Mid-2000 Bieber-esque styles.
- •I had no mutual Facebook friends with any user I swiped.