MY FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL 🏚
Inspired by @ListPrompts
- •My mom woke me up at 7am.
- •I climbed down my ladder from the top bunk of my red rod iron bunk bed.
- •I looked at my younger brother sleeping in the bottom bunk.
- •I dragged my tired little 5 year old body to the living room. Passing my sisters room, where she was sound asleep.
- •I plopped myself on our Fisher Price colorful table and waited.
- •Mom brought me a glass of juice and a mug filled with 10% coffee and 90% milk.
- •Mom also brought me pop tarts... You know, the kind we could draw on with icing.
- •As I drew my Picasso on my tart and sipped on my coffee (milk) Mom put on The Lone Ranger.
- •Mom sat next to me in her "grown up" chair and sipped her coffee (wait... Hers was actually coffee).
- •Mom made me feel like the coolest kid in school.
- •Mom and I would talk about how cool the Lone Ranger was and how badly I wanted to be a cowboy.
- •Mom taught me how Cowboys always did what was right. And treated a lady right.
- •The Lone Ranger ended. And my Picasso was being digested.
- •Mom went and woke my brother and my sister.
- •Stephen and DiDi joined me at the breakfast table.
- •They finished their own pop tart Picasso's.
- •We moved to the classroom, said the Pledge of Allegiance, and opened our spelling books.
- •Oh yeah... I homeschooled.