Best Picture Noms, Ranked🏆
Having finally seen them all now, here's my definitive ranking for the Oscar noms 🎥
- 8.The Big ShortThe only movie on this list that disappointed me. It's not bad, but it's not great, either, and I do feel like most of the cast deserved a better movie.
- 7.Bridge of SpiesThe best Spielberg movie I've seen in a long time. Also, love me some righteous Tom Hanks.
- 6.BrooklynSentimental and gorgeous. A real gem.
- 5.The MartianI'm surprised this movie was nominated at all. That's not to say it's bad, because it's absolutely not. But The Martian feels more like crowd pleasing blockbuster than Oscar winner. Perhaps its inclusion is a step in the right direction for the Academy moving forward.
- 4.The RevenantReally liked it. Compelling through to its brutal finish. DiCaprio delivers a role that I thought will finally deliver him his Oscar.
- 3.RoomAn emotional tour de force. Brie Larson is a revelation.
- 2.SpotlightMy pick for the Best Picture win this year. It's an astonishingly well made feature, and the ensemble cast is perfect.
- 1.Mad Max: Fury RoadThe movie has a snowball's chance in hell of winning, but it was my favorite movie of the year.