Six Things I'd Actually Do if I Won the Powerball Tonight
So for the first time ever, I bought a Powerball ticket today. Actually, I bought ten😳
- •Get an apartment in Manhattan with @gloriaaroseThe commute to work from Astoria is a slog, and it'd be great to afford our own place. Something not too big but still comfortable. (Alternatively, I'd love to live in Forest Hills, too.)
- •Cut back on my available hours at work.Unlike most people, I love my job. I don't actually want to quit yet, millionaire or not! I'd cut back on my availability though, because I could actually afford to set aside days just for writing.
- •Visit Florida at least once a month.It'd be way easier to visit my family and friends if I was a millionaire.
- •Get that Dr. Doom statue I've always wanted.This might sound silly to a lot of you, but there's this Doom statue that I always told myself I'd buy if I ever became wealthy. It's a real beauty, but its price tag of $399 always put me off. As broke as I am, I could never justify spending that much money on it, even if I saved up.
- •Buy stock.Nothing extreme, because I'm not really savvy with that kind of stuff. But I'd like to own stock in Netflix, Amazon, and Disney.
- •Give money to those closest to me.Again, nothing extreme! But if we're talking about winnings of 500 million dollars after taxes, I'd definitely take at least a million of that and divide it up among my closest friends and family.