WORDS I MISPRONOUNCED IN NYC WHEN I FIRST CAME FROM LA.
- •Houston St.Outside of the five boroughs, it's pronounced HEWston. But not in NYC.
- •Greenwich Villagesome one please tell me why it's spelled like that. or pronounced like that.
- •Lenox Hill Hospital"It's not 'Len-awks' honey. it's 'Len-nix. '"
- •JerseyIt's no longer New.
- •"the City"Not the Big Apple. Or Enn Why See. It's just the City.
- •And also I was dumbfounded when I realized that Long Island and Queens touch. And Long Island City is actually in Queens.