Overrated Beauty Products
And what to use instead
- •Oxygen treatmentsUnless you are a celebrity and require these right before you are going to be photographed, the effects just don't last long enough (mere hours) to be worth the price. INSTEAD: Sleep in Biologique Recherche Creme Masque Vernix
- •Eyeliners that tugIf it doesn't show up on your hand when you test it, just think of how irritating it will be to apply to your eyes ALTERNATE: Hourglass Film Noir liner
- •Spa treatments that are basically scented bathsRead between the lines of the spa menu. If you are going to be left alone for more than 30 minutes in a tub of warm water, this is something you can do yourself using $5 worth of bubble bath at home.
- •Most lip balmsStraight up don't work. ALTERNATES/A few that do: Lipsmart, Aquaphor, Malin + Goetz.
- •Concealer that is really highlighterIf you are over the age of 18, you need concealer that actually covers dark circles instead of illuminating them for the world to see. ALTERNATE: Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer. Full coverage for when you really need it (i.e. Every day if you are me)