REASONS I'M QUITTING MY JOB
One of my biggest pet peeves is people who bitch and complain and then do nothing to change their situation. I've been unhappy at my job for going on 2 years now. I've tried to determine why and where to go from here.
- •It brings me very little joy and I'm not used to that feeling with work.
- •Working with adults is painful. Give me a class of 30 hormone infused teenagers and I'm at stressed but happy.
- •I'm not a good manager of people. This would be fine if the people working for me didn't need to be micromanaged.
- •I came to the library for the books and it's no longer about that. Technology has overrun the library even though we still need people who know about books! It IS an important part of the job even though it's given no priority.
- •When I left teaching I worried I wouldn't like not having my own students but was reassured by everyone that by being in the library I would affect more students. I haven't found that to be the case and think I'm better suited for the classroom.
- •When a teacher who teaches the subject I used to told me last year that they "hadn't done much this semester because I wasn't given curriculum", I nearly lost my mind. You mean as a college educated professional you couldn't plan lessons for your at risk students? AHHHHHHHH
- •When a potential teaching position came open last May, the joy I felt at that prospect made me realize just how unhappy I was and what I would rather be doing.