Things That Help Me When I'm Depressed
Yay for destigmatization!
- •Making deals with myself to get me out of bed."Just walk around for a bit. If you get up maybe I'll get you ice cream."
- •Musical Cast RecordingsRight now: Hamilton, In The Heights, Sunday In The Park with George (Chocolate Factory Revival), Company (Broadway Revival)
- •Avoiding Twitter and FacebookThough often fun, both can be incredibly anxiety-inducing.
- •The first four seasons of The West Wing.
- •The first four seasons of Newsradio.
- •All of Cheers.
- •Going for a run.
- •Throwing myself into work.
- •Lots of baths.
- •Lots of podcasts.Great Debates, You Must Remember This, Bill Simmons, and This American Life.
- •Going to the movie theater and seeing whatever is next.
- •Watching basketball.Specifically the Cavs but any NBA game will do.
- •Forcing myself to be social even when the last thing I want to do is see other people.
- •Saying embarrassing mantras out loud to myself.
- •Talking to a therapist who gives me embarrassing mantras to say out loud to myself.
- •Maybe writing this down?
- •Most importantly, watching this Vine over and over: https://vine.co/v/MXMwlgge9tZ