Tv Show Title Sequences That Make Me Emotional, Ranked
- 1.CheersMaybe the greatest title sequence in the history of television. GOAT theme song matched with perfectly curated images. Feels like it's supporting you when you're sad, binge-watching the show at 2am.
- 2.TransparentThose home movies + That beautiful, simple piano = A painful nostalgia for an upper class Jewish childhood that is very confusing for a Catholic.
- 3.The West WingNo, I'm not crying. I'm leaking pure love of America.
- 4.TaxiHaunting music. Doesn't at all feel like a comedy. Perfectly captures the bittersweet tone of the show.
- 5.The OfficeSucking up or again an intense and deft capturing of a great show's bittersweet tone? You decide.
- 6.The WireSeason 4 only.
- 7.Honorable Mention: The Man In The High CastleI don't know how I feel about Amazon's new pilot. It's based on a great Philip K. Dick novel, has an insane, fantastic premise and is beautifully shot. But the dialogue is often ham-fisted and inelegant. That said the title sequence is perfect and features a version of "Edelweiss" that is equal parts haunting and beautiful.