THINGS TO DO ON A WEEKEND VISIT TO VENTURA, CA
Ventura, also known as Ventucky or Bakersfield By The Sea, is a laid back beach community with a lot to offer.
- •Jolly Oyster (shuck and eat fresh oysters)
- •Channel Islands for whale watching and hiking. Island Packers
- •Get Tony's Pizza and eat it at the beach
- •Hike to "two trees"
- •Rent bikes and cruise the boardwalk
- •Buy or sell stuff at the numerous pawn shops
- •Get a tattoo in Old English Font
- •Enjoy local beer at Anacapa brew pub, Shanghai beer garden, surf brewery, and Barrelhouse 101.
- •Bet on the horse races at the Ventura county fair grounds.
- •Go to Santa Paula to buy rattle snake skin flip flops and matching belts