A LIST OF ACRONYMS EVERY EMT TRAINEE NEEDS TO MEMORIZE
- •AVPUIs the patient ALERT? Does the patient respond to VERBAL Stimuli? Does the patient respond to PAIN? Is the patient UNRESPONSIVE?
- •ABCAirway, Breathing, Circulation. Does the patient has all 3?
- •OPQRSTOnset, Provocation, Quality, Region/Radiation/ Recurrence, Severity, Time
- •SAMPLESigns and Symptoms, Allergies, Medications, Past Pertinent History, Last Oral intake, Events leading up to Illness.
- •PRBELLSPulse, Respiratory Rate, Blood Pressure, Eyes, Level of consciousness, Lung Sounds, Skin
- •PEARLPupils Equal And React To Light
- •The five Rights/ PMDRERIGHT.... Patient, Medication, Dose, Route, Expiration date
- •There's a few more but I can't remember what they are... That's probably not a good thing...